As a Operations Manager, you will lead and develop a team of landscape professionals to manicure and maintain beautiful green spaces at select high end multi-residential properties located in the GTA . Feel fit working outside and take pride that YOU are contributing to a healthier green community that so many people will enjoy!
You will work alongside our Director of Operations to be in charge of the complete maintenance division of the company overseeing our maintenance crews and gardeners.
Reliable Care is known for our exceptional flower displays, outstanding customer service and is frankly a great place to work- Come meet us and see for yourself!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead all operations, execution, training and quality control of the maintenance division which includes our turf and gardening teams
- Plan, organize and manage seasonal landscape maintenance requirements for your teams (the equipment & material requirements along with staff’s weekly/monthly tasks)
- Work hands on-directly with your staff on a daily basis to; a) Ensure efficiency, quality and proper completion of assigned schedule of duties during various seasons (For example: spring cleanups, annual planting preparation, summer planting, care for annuals and garden maintenance, turf care, fall clean up, snow removal, etc. ) b) Train/coach and develop your staff’s skills and knowledge (For example: turf care, properly and safely use all landscape equipment, pruning and hedging techniques, annual flower care, weeding, etc)
- Plan and manage the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers and equipment in the AM and PM including all daily labor, equipment and materials required to complete daily objectives
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, lawn equipment, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws, and snow blowers, as required
- Conduct employee evaluations, according to the company’s policy
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Assist in other job-related duties including construction projects, shop and yard maintenance, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis,
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, lead the training and development of the workforce to ensure a proper bench for future opportunities
- In collaboration with Customer Experience manager, perform quarterly site reviews with property managers/board of directors to ensure customer satisfaction
- In collaboration with Customer Experience manager, assist in the selling process.
- Pro-actively address areas of improvement in execution along with proposing additional enhancements and services
- Find solutions to customer issues/complaints and communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- College or University Degree in related field (Horticultural Technician/Apprenticeship Certification and schooling is an asset)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the landscape/grounds maintenance industry in a leadership role
- Effective communication, time and people management skills
- Horticultural knowledge, experience and plant identification with confidence and the ability to train and coach gardeners
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape maintenance construction practices (including mowers, blowers, trimmers etc)
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record able to drive a truck and trailer with a safe driving record
Other reason you will want to choose our team:
- Great work hours (We take every Friday afternoon and weekends off!)
- Health, dental & life insurance benefits
- RRSP match program
- Competitive industry wages
- Paid uniforms
- Professional, experienced & knowledgeable managers
- Paid holidays and overtime
- Company team events & BBQs
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career in the green industry
Reliable Care Values
1) Its Employees: You will always be treated with respect and as an integral part of the company.
2) Safety: Safe work practices are in place and enforced.
3) Continuous Training and Learning: We will support you to take new a course or become an apprentice.